Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Wow, who told me I was allowed to use my muscles? I went out and played softball today -- probably burned the crap out of the top of my head (no, I didn't wear a hat). The rest of me had sunscreen on though so my scalp is the only problem area. Anyway ... phew, I'm going to be walking funny tomorrow.

We actually ran the bases today, which was nice except we are not expert softball players and so we had a lot of errors that allowed ridiculous base running. All fun in the grand scheme of things but man am I worn out. I'm disappointed at myself because I had an opportunity to catch one and it slipped through the tip of my glove as I was reaching out. Oh well ... that definitely wasn't the game clincher anyway.

I have to make the employee schedule tomorrow night. Please don't make it another late night. Please? OK, fine, but no later than 3am! I have to draw a line somewhere. Maybe if I was actually arguing with someone and not just myself it'd work out better.

A few more weeks and we are down to our fall movie schedule. What this means is a drastic reduction in business until we get our snowbirds in. Apparently the term "snowbirds" is offensive so sorry to all snowbirds out there but ... that's what you are when you go south for the winter.

I won't lie. I'm getting pretty tired. I think it was the waking up early for softball and then eating lunch and talking for a while followed by doing absolutely nothing. That is probably what did it. By the way ... SPF 30 completely blocks any hope of me getting a tan. I think it actually mocks the sun (and me as a result) when it is not able to penetrate the "screen" set up by the sunscreen. I am now picturing sunscreen taunting and I am wondering where the sound comes from ... it's lotion.

Tomorrow night (tonight) is Rave bowling. Sadly I work so I won't be going but hopefully everyone has fun that does go.

OK, I've officially run out of things to talk about. Have a good night.

No comments: