Saturday, August 08, 2009

Oh no! It's thundering outside. Oh wait, I have a battery backup. Ha. I'm good.

Sorry, just felt the need to brag since I was pretty excited when I got it a week ago. Yes, my life has become excitement over things like a laser printer and a battery backup that I bought myself. That's OK though, when I start getting excited about a different brand of prune juice, then I'll be really worried.

So I found out last night that, apparently, several co-workers (employees and managers) are reading this thing now. Hi everyone! I had no idea I had such a "following." It's regrettable that I don't have a more interesting life to read about but that's why this blog isn't featured on 60 minutes or some other show.

Of course, with such a following I have to watch what I'm saying. I can't start trash talking employee A or manager B anymore because there could be serious repercussions. You know ... because I trash talk often so this is something to be worried about. I do think there was one entry but hopefully I was ambiguous or something with it that it doesn't matter. It's usually when I'm mad if I'm doing it so it should be fine (or maybe not).

It looks like it's going to rain today. That is unfortunate for those working this morning. I did make a first call list this week so they can get some people called in (formerly the on-call list but now renamed to fit more properly).

Our regional manager is in town so we should be seeing him maybe tonight or tomorrow ... he's here until the 12th from my understanding so he could just pop in during the week though I doubt it.

Hmm ... I wonder what else is going on. I'm still a bit groggy because I got woken up this morning from my mother and then one of my former co-workers from up north. I'll just take a nap later and then be all sad at work because I hate naps and they usually make me feel worse. Hmm, on second thought that sounds like a bad idea.

By the way, it turns out I'm not the only person that uses the "word" "irregardless." It has been used since 1912 improperly though it is believed to be used to add emphasis as even educated people use it (by the way, I am educated though certainly no doctorate). Just putting this here in case that employee who corrected me two weeks ago (maybe more) reads this. I suspect he may though who really knows.

So I was thinking about Star Trek the new movie yesterday and came to another realization of awesomeness. I know many of you are planning on pushing the x over there on the right but bare with me. They had the original Spock (Leonard Nimoy) in the new film actually recognizing the new Kirk as James T Kirk, his old friend. What this does for the film is actually more impressive than the scene itself allows for. Since Leonard Nimoy was on the original series and recognizes his old friend though played by a new actor, it gives some legitimacy to the new Kirk saying, "this is the same guy, different set of circumstances." I just came to this realization two days ago or maybe yesterday and thought "huh." In any case, it was a great film either way but having the original Spock show that recognition ... I think it adds something to the new Kirk's role in a "passing of the torch" sort of way. K, I'm done being a geek now.

I think I'm done writing for now. I really would like to sleep more so maybe I'll lie back down and see if it happens. Have a good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!!!