Monday, June 22, 2009

Apparently I have people reading this thing that I did not realize. One was half jokingly agitated by what I said about the "i before e" reference to the word "receive." What sparked that post was not her per say but the amount of times I saw it spelled wrong over the course of two hours or so. I was blown away. That little rule is one of the big things growing up and people just seemed to have ignored it and spell however they want. I honestly believe spelling is important in today's day and age where more and more things are being typed, posted online, and otherwise distributed around. It is more professional when everything in an e-mail is spelled correctly and, again, the amount of typing going around now makes it a virtual necessity to know how to spell. Sure, spell check is out there but there are so many people that do not even go through the motions of pushing that spell check button. Add in the fact that it is not perfect and you have a recipe for disaster.

I went ahead and joined a dating website called plentyoffish.com. It's a completely free and yet seemingly popular site where people can check out profiles and send messages to those they find interest in. It has most everything that a pay site has only it does not cost anything so I figured I'd give it a shot. Online dating has really turned into more than an awkward "where did you meet" topic. It has become an acceptable method of meeting people. As my one friend pointed out yesterday, it also allows you to know going in what the goal is of your encounter. Are you there to find a date? Just make friends? Sex? Some of the guess work is gone. Does that take away the fun? Not at all -- it just lets you get to the conversation, flirting, and so on and so forth. In any case, I'm giving it a shot and we shall see if anything comes out of it. Doesn't hurt right?

I was at work until 2:30 this morning. We are having some serious difficulties with inventory and even at 2:30 we hadn't solved them. It is very frustrating to see something like that because you know something screwy is going on but you do not really have all the evidence you need to get to the bottom of it.

I'm at that stage right now where I am really tired but do not feel like going to bed. Pretty soon my eyes will just shut and it won't matter where I am.

I found out today that my grandmother has been unconscious for quite a while. They have been unable to wake her so they moved her to hospice with actual nurses that can take care of her. They gave her morphine before heading over so I doubt she'll be waking up anytime soon with that medication in her system. Hopefully she'll wake up and be OK but I know she's weak and has emphysema from years upon years of smoking so we shall see.

My friend Laura started a new blog. I will not be updating the link at left in case she does not want random people stopping by to check it out. However, if she doesn't care I'll come back around and update it for people that like to check out other's blogs.

Rumor has it I made it on Chris's xanga again. I suspect it is one of those cases where he found it funnier than it actually was but that's OK :)

Ice cream is amazing after a long day at work and driving home in the heat that is Florida. Florida doesn't get too much hotter than Pennsylvania does during the day (at times it spikes higher but overall summer averages are maybe 10 degrees different). However, at night when it cools off a bit in PA, it just goes on being hot here. I made the mistake of opening the windows the other day in the middle of the night because it seemed to cool off enough. I woke up at 9 in the morning sweating profusely so I had to go shut the windows and turn the air conditioning on ... then I waited a while for it to cool the place down.

I just went to get my last oil change that I'll have to worry about with this car. I apparently also ran over a nail so they fixed that as well. This car has been quite good but I do want to try something different. I may still wind up with a Chevy though just a different model but we shall see how things fall into place heading to October (lease end time). I do like the Malibus though I suspect any upgrade I make will push my monthly payment too high for my own good. I may go with a 10k a year lease but I don't think that lowers the payments much so it may not be worth the added stress. I haven't even hit 20k on this car miles wise and I can go 39k by October, which is why I am considering the change. Oh well, I'll think about it.

OK, I need to sleep. Have a good night.

1 comment:

SpicedBerry Speaks said...

you can update my link. i dont mind.