Monday, May 25, 2009

Have you ever not realized what you were missing until after you experienced it again? That makes it sound almost like you (by you I mean I was) were ungrateful the first time around but whatever be the case, I now realize it.

I went to my friend's wedding this weekend and it was truly a blast. Start to finish just a great time and I think that's important at a wedding for everyone to have a good time, but especially the bride and groom. Fortunately, I think they had a good time as well. Jason is one of those friends that I have a great time with no matter the circumstances and the people he surrounds himself with are also great people. It's times like this past weekend that make me miss high school where every day was a day like that ... groups of people hanging out, laughing, having a great time. I am probably one of two people that miss high school but I miss it for that reason alone. The camaraderie and so on and so forth.

So anyway, I went to PA from Wednesday until today. That is why I was up there mostly was for the wedding but I got to see my parents as well as some of my other friends, which was cool. Wednesday night was a party with some people that I hang out with and others that were just invited to drink. It was pretty cool though I didn't have food in my stomach and then drank so I was out pretty quick. I guess that was good since there was apparently a bong at one point and I would have walked out.

After that was the wedding on Friday (Thursday I slept until 1 and then went to Rave to talk to Jeff followed by getting a haircut and then getting my tux picked up). Friday - Sunday was just good times from morning to night.

Sunday afternoon Gretchen and Chris M. came over to chill for a bit and we talked. It was definitely good to see them again as well. We talked about whatever came into our minds and about my speaking deficiencies. After they left Jared came and we had shish kabobs, which were quite tasty. He then drove me to show his motor cycle and then back to my house we went so I could go to sleep. Breeze was put down on Saturday, which made me sad. I would have liked to have seen him one last time but it sounded like it was a sudden thing that had to be done (may be wrong on that one). He was a great dog.

Today I woke up at 4:30 EDT and got ready for the flight. Flew and landed in Pensacola at 9:45 CDT (I took off from Atlanta at around 9:41 EST so it was neat to basically have a "4-minute flight" if that. I took a taxi to the Rave lot I parked my car at for $11. Totally worth avoiding the 40-minute walk I had to endure on the way to the airport. I think even taking a taxi to and from the lot is worth it compared to parking at the airport so I may do that in the future if I'm not living somewhere else by the next planned escape to PA.

You know, what I was talking about earlier about friends also made me realize that some of the friends I thought I missed (from high school) I may not actually be missing since they were part of the Jason "clan." Perhaps he is the the one that generates the good times, I dunno. I may be looking too much into it.

Well, that's it. Bye.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Finally! An Update! I was beginning to get so parched from lack of Chuckaka updates. It was excellent seeing you, but I wish I could have stayed longer!