Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Testing the waters

I have not written in quite some time. Talking with a friend today sparked an interest in me blogging again. Even though my one fan likely doesn't check here anymore, perhaps I will have other fans instead. One of the biggest hurdles for me is finding time to blog consistently. A lot has changed since my last post, for one. Instead of being an expectant father, I now am the father of a two year old. Man, I could write a novel on the joys and sorrows of toddlerhood. Many times these items can even overlap. Being a parent isn't easy, and the fact that my parents did it and babysit is all the more impressive as I go through it. I hear there are differences between boy and girl children, but I will have to find out more through the course of time. My wife and I found a great church about a year ago. Summer of 2013 to be more precise. We were introduced to the church from our friends, the Colberts, who Tracy met through a series of seemingly random encounters. They live a building over from us so it was apparently meant to be. In any case, we started attending church, got Eliza baptized, and enjoy our time there. Most recently, we have been teaching Eliza how to sit through a church sermon. Not the easiest task, I assure you. Tracy works in the nursery at church and so gets to meet quite a bit of the congregation. I am less tied into the church. I hope to find a Sunday School when Eliza is a bit older and can also attend a Sunday School. That is all I have time for at the moment. My daughter is hanging on my arm while I write this from my phone (haha). I hope to write more later. Bye!

1 comment:

Chuck said...

I definitely formatted this on the app I have, but it sure didn't save any of those paragraphs. Yaaay.