Thursday, May 17, 2012

Baby?

So, more than can possibly be believed has occurred since the last time I posted a blog entry.  For one, my wife Tracy is now 6 1/2 months pregnant (27 weeks).  That one is the big one that is hard to get my head around.

Of course, looking at my last blog entry, we now know that Terra Nova was canceled after one season (one terrific season that apparently no one appreciated), House is in its final season with one episode left, and Person of Interest is pretty awesome.

Back to the elephant in the blog - going to be a Dad.  It's very exciting and a little scary.  What do I know about being a Dad?  Interestingly enough, I know a lot of people that are becoming parents right now, so I guess I have the comfort of knowing that I am not alone in this.  To date, there have been two births and three pregnancies that I am aware of ... most due right around July (Tracy is due in August).

Tracy's approach has been to read as much as possible on the subject.  Cloth diapering, breast feeding, car seats, you name it.  My approach is one of listening to what she is saying and going with that.  I did pick the car seat, though.  I feel like if I have a question, the internet is a few steps away as I am going through the process. I don't really know what to ask before I have the baby in front of me giving me things to ask.

I really hope our baby is a happy one.  Tracy seems to think we will have a colicky, fussy baby that will only be quelled by turning 18.  I am hoping for a much happier and easy going child - mostly for the sake of our sanity. Either way, we don't really have much say in the matter so we will see.

Her name will be Eliza Diane when she comes out.  First name is from our heads after Elizabeth didn't pass my filter.  Diane is after her grandmother.

We ordered a crib and dressers, which will be coming on Friday.  We have a mattress already, bedding, car seat ... we need diapers and we should basically be set for now.  Most everything else we can realize we need and get the same day if needed.  At least right now that is what I think.

It's going to be a stressful time for sure, but a wonderful one, too.  I hope we can raise her to be a terrific person.

No comments: