Sunday, May 08, 2011

Tracy and I got a free DVD of Away We Go from the GM conference so we decided to watch it the other day.  While I did enjoy the film and it was mildly funny, I have to say that whoever wrote the dialogue tried too hard to put foul language in.  I found myself going "really?" at points when they would randomly put "f'ing" this when it really did not feel like it fit.  In other words, it was forced.  I believe that some language can give a genuine feel to a film since much of the world does curse, but, like I said, some parts I found myself wincing wondering why they chose to curse that many times in the scene when it was not a tense scene or one that called for emphatic language.  Again, overall a good movie but toning it down a bit would have benefited it in this case.

Tracy and I have been doing some (what we would call) serious bike riding recently.  We decided a week or two ago to ride our bikes at 2 am over to Rave (a five mile ride) and back.  We stopped at the theater to rest and then rode back.  Since then, we have taken the ride three or so times more and are now able to do it without stopping unless we ride two days in a row (like today).  Today our legs were burning on the way there so we stopped and had a drink.  Speaking of drinks, today was the first day we had drinks for the ride.  I rode a nice flowery backpack with drinks in it for us.  Surprisingly, the water was still cool when we got to Rave (five miles took us 35 minutes today).  In any case, I was surprised.  The ride was good but my goodness my legs hurt afterwards.  Some day maybe they won't hurt and we will need to push ourselves further to get the exercise ride we are looking for.  For now - that ride is a challenge every day.

My boss did a surprise visit to the theater today.  Always want things running perfectly when he is there ... it was busy but we managed well and the visit was good.  I cannot go into detail on here but good visits are good.  Still hoping to move on soonish.  He said there will be at least one opening over the summer since there is a new theater that will be getting a GM and there will be some movement as a result of that opening so ... if it is somewhere I am looking for and if they decide I am the best candidate then I can get Tracy to school for the spring at least.

I think I should be done for now.  It's almost 3 am and I have to work tomorrow (last day before a day off).  Farewell for now.  Until I write again.

P.S. Sorry about not doing the Bucket List further.  I guess I am just not the Bucket List type of person?  OK, bye.

No comments: