Tuesday, March 16, 2010

To my unborn siblings,

Watching Remember Me made me think of many things. Tracy, home, and what I am doing with my life. Even more interesting is that I thought of you, who I have not thought of since I was ... whatever age I was when you were conceived. How much different would my life be if you were in it? Would I have left Pennsylvania to go to Florida? Would I have left sooner knowing that my parents had other children? Would I have stayed because we were close? So many questions for which I do not have the answer.

You did not have the opportunity to experience life here on earth. You went from conception to Heaven. Some people would consider that a gift. Others would consider that sad. I am not sure which one I am. You missed many of God's gifts on this earth but you are experiencing every pleasant emotion at once up in Heaven. I suspect you are the lucky ones in the end. God chose you to come be with Him immediately ... chosen.

Why did God create you and then take you is not for me to think about. He had his reasons. You were never even named and that is regrettable. To the unnamed children lost every day - today is the day I weep for you. Maybe not on the outside but in my heart. Actually, I weep for your families as you are in the greatest place there is.

Love,
Chuck

Think about it. Every single day goes by without significance to most people. At the same time, every single day is significant to someone. A lot of people are born each day and to that parent it is the greatest day on this earth so far. A lot of people might start dating today. A lot of people may get married today or tomorrow. First book published. First communion. Any multitude of reasons but, while this day is just another for me - someone out there is celebrating a birthday or an anniversary or ... something else. Take July 6th, or May 28th, or July 18th. Just days to some of you but to people I know - very important days. Even to me ... very important days.

It's interesting to think that we would not value every single day that we are here on earth. I lived through today and get to see tomorrow. Is that not amazing? I won't even remember this day tomorrow yet someone definitely will. I think it is time to rethink life - time to realize that every day is special and it should not be wasted on things like worrying or sadness. Life should not be frittered away but embraced. I'm in love. Here I am 1200 miles away from the person I love. Why? I want a good career and good money. Is that worth it? In the grand scheme of things, would it be better to live in a box with someone you love or live in a mansion alone? I know which answer I would pick in a heartbeat. So why am I here? Why am I not on the first plane to Florida right now? I honestly cannot answer that. I want to leave my computer, leave everything here and go. Yet here I am. I realize this is passion talking maybe. I realize that we need money just like we need love but for different reasons. I could not fly to Florida if I did not have money. I could not provide for a family if I did not have money. I need this job on a résumé to move back to Florida and be with her. I just wish my heart understood like my brain does because it is causing such a conflict that I cannot even describe.

Can time fast forward so I can get back to her, please?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two years, minimum.