Saturday, July 04, 2009

Why is twitter this huge sensation all of a sudden? I swear it came out of nowhere and now everyone twitters like it is a reliable news source or something. That and people twitter that are not famous or anything, which is fine except ... how interesting is my life that I would want to twitter every detail every day? I just don't see it happening. I don't get it. I'm bad enough at updating a blog let alone updating with my latest life happening. "Getting my hair cut" "just finished getting my hair cut" "going to work" "customer just yelled at me" "going home." Yeah, I think my subscriptions would go waaaaay down.

A lot of people read my blog about my grandmother, which surprised me in a way ... not so much that anyone read it but that some family members actually went out of the way to read it. I'm glad it went over well -- nothing like having people visit your blog that knew her most of her life and have my words be out there as a dedication of sorts though I only knew her a third of her life.

I have been staying up really late the past few nights. Working nights just doesn't make me want to go to bed right when I get home. By "late" I mean 5am or later sometimes. I don't really mind except I sleep until 2pm sometimes. I've been talking to Chris a lot so that's a bonus at least (he works nights so I wouldn't be able to talk to him much otherwise).

I was looking up shark attacks in my area to see what the risk is. Since 1882 there has been 1 shark attack in the county I live in. 0 fatalities. I think I'm OK to go in the water. By the way, yes, I meant 1882, not 1982.

I was going to go to Big Kahuna's today before work but I was so tired I slept instead. It turns out that was a good call because the lines were horrendous there. I'll wait a few weeks for things to calm down.

As some of you know, my birthday is coming up and my friends Jason and Heather sent me a gift, which was very thoughtful of them. It was the game Mass Effect for Xbox 360. It's really a very good game. I have not gone too far into the story yet so I'm sure it gets even better but I am looking forward to continuing it. I also got a $25 gift certificate from my credit card company and I know my mother is sending me one as well. Yay to online shopping :) I would go grocery shopping on amazon.com but they sell things in bulk it seems and that is not very cost effective for me.

Speaking of grocery shopping, people at work were picking on me because I only buy 3 bananas when I go shopping. I only consume one banana a day and I hate when they turn brown so to me, it makes sense to get three so I have a chance to eat all three before they get gross. I also have been buying apples. Fuji apples were on sale for $1 a pound this past time so I'll give them a shot again. Red delicious were fantastic straight from the refrigerator. We'll see if fuji grow on me. I haven't been as thrilled as people thought I would be so far.

Work has been good for those that are wondering. I applied for an IT position with Rave and should hear back in the next week or so. My gut tells me I may not get it but I think I interviewed as well as I could (made the interviewer laugh which is always a bonus I think). We'll see. I wasn't too stressed during the interview -- I don't think interviews make me that nervous, which is good. It'd be really cool to get the job and try something a little different from what I have been doing but we'll see.

I'm going to go to bed now. Have a good night.

No comments: