Sunday, March 01, 2009

Hello.

In an effort to appease my fan (Gretchen), here I am blogging again. The real trick is -- what to talk about. I guess I can start by saying that Jonas Brothers has really not done much down here in Florida. My old theater apparently got destroyed with business but Florida has older folks this time of year (soon to change as spring break approaches). Whatever the reason, it was pretty tame and I'm OK with that. Thousands of screaming 12 year olds is not my idea of a good time.

I work all weekend this weekend so my one co-worker can celebrate his birthday in Mississippi (they have legalized gambling there). To be to the gambling city of choice in MS, it's about the same distance as it was to Atlantic City from where I used to live. Apparently people head there to gamble pretty frequently so I may check it out. I'm a bit worried because it has table games and I know I'll lose tons of money real quick on those. Not a fan of losing money. I'm sure most of you know that :P

I do have two days off which will surely confuse me as I cannot remember the last time I had two days off in a row (besides moving, that really doesn't count). Those two days are Tuesday and Wednesday so that is quickly approaching. I already have a task for Tuesday though so that will consume a bit of that day to be sure. My sun roof button now moves freely because the cap surrounding the button broke off. Odd, I know. In any case, I have to get that repaired and that is that.

I have unlimited text messaging as of a few days ago. I also got a Samsung Propel with which I can do this new texting. My parents got a new plan with new phone since my father's phone was falling apart. I requested we get texting at least on my phone so I could do some texting and I guess my father felt we did not need as many minutes as we had anyway so it came out to about $5 a month more for unlimited texting. Surprisingly, he is actually texting some too. Not constantly but some. My mother is not doing so but she may in time. I'll let my father be the one to coax her into that. I've been texting people like crazy taking advantage of my free texting but so far people haven't been taking advantage back -- OK, some have but not a ton. I'm sure once the word spreads, my phone will be "blowing up" more.

Today it rained though it was pretty warm. I believe it hit 71. It'll be going back down into the 50s or early 60s the next few days as a cold front rolled in.

I called my great-grandmother the other day to thank her for the "I miss you" card and I decided it would be a good idea to use my bluetooth headset to call her. Wrong. The conversation was rather difficult as she apparently thought I was someone else and my saying I was Chuck was being translated into, "you're downstairs?" She was so confused. She kept telling me she was eating breakfast and would be down to let me in and I kept going, "no no, this is Chuck, your grandson." "You're downstairs?" "No, this is Chuck." "I'm eating breakfast." "Your grandson, Chuck" "I'll be down in a monent." You get the idea. Eventually I was like, OK, enough of this, and I turned off the headset and went directly to the phone. She then got it and I proceeded to thank her as I was trying to do in the first place. Good times. Poor woman was so confused. She told me, "I thought you were someone else." Indeed she did. I guess that's allowed at 96.

I ate a calzone tonight that I bought at Walmart. It was actually pretty good though I think it could have used a few more minutes in the oven. It came prepackaged for something like $2.50, which seemed reasonable enough to me. I wrapped it in aluminum foil and in the oven it went for 40 minutes. Again, it was pretty good but I think a few more minutes would have done it well. I found it in the quick & easy meals section and I think that spot will become my friend. Well, maybe it will just become a section I frequent often but I'll consider friendship down the road.

Your Mom called. It was for me.

So in an instance of actually being texted, I got texted by 5 people in the span of two seconds last night. I looked at my phone going, "OK what the heck just happened?" and it turned it to be some sort of plot against me. Again I exaggerate but it was a text bomb campaign by several former co-workers from Regal. They were singing "Push It To The Limit" text message style. I used to do a song and dance to that song and they apparently found it funny and remembered it enough to text it to me years later. I finished the song in a reply (though it didn't get to all of them at the same time because I accidentally sent it to one before the rest) and then we chatted for a bit before I went to bed because I need beauty sleep to look this good .........

My cousin's wife is pregnant with their first child. It is very exciting to know I'll be having a second cousin soon ... on the other side of my age at least (I have a few that are older though I rarely see them). Sadly I am down in Florida so I won't get to see the new baby much but I'm sure the rest of my family will take good care of him or her when he/she is born (they find out the sex this week and then I won't have to be so vague).

Well, I work in the afternoon but it is beginning to get late so I'm going to shower and get to sleep. Work has been going well and the other managers are, generally, pretty nice. Everyone has their skills and deficiencies but I do too so it works out. Turns out no one is perfect. Who knew? My boss is off to Virginia this week on a recruiting mission so I'll be doing the show schedule and other such fun stuff. Watchmen comes out this week so I better do a good job with the showtimes or it could be a bit chaotic. As I mentioned before, spring break starts soon so I'm going to be spreading out the showtimes during the week a bit too. Nothing like having a rainy day where 6000 people come in and having showtimes too close together on top of it all. Weather forecasts be damned because we all know they can't predict weather a day in advance let alone a week in advance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this. keep me updated this way. good good. thank you